Thursday, 17 May 2012
Kreativ Blogger Award
Damn that charming little scoundrel Matt Sloan. I try to avoid these things and he goes ahead and throws my name into the mix for a Kreativ Blogger award - what that is. No, no, that's rude. I love him really I do. In the words of dear ol Mary Poppins, "If I must, I must..."
1. Thank & link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the ten questions.
3. Share ten random facts/thoughts about yourself.
4. Nominate seven worthy blogs for the Kreative Blogger Award.
1. What's your favorite song?
Cool answer: Dig for Fire by The Pixies. Real answer: ... probably I Just Can't Wait To Be King from The Lion King.
2. What's your favorite dessert?
Jelly and ice cream.
3. What ticks you off?
Working in retail for this long I'm going to have to say general ignorance. And bad time keeping.
4. What do you do when you're upset?
Not as much as I probably should actually. There's a nature trail behind my house I go for a walk down listening to John Williams soundtracks. That usually chills me out or inspires me to do good.
5. Which is your favorite pet?My cat Albert.
6. Which do you prefer: black or white?
Black. Amelia or the shade, it all works.
7. What is your biggest fear?
That would be telling. I wish it was clowns because that would probably be more manageable.
8. What is your attitude mostly?
Try to be a polite, nice bloke.
9. What is perfection?
To be financially secure and loved. Oh sure, loads of material items and a huge house would be awesome too.
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
I've got a lot of pleasures, but none I overly feel guilty about. Least none I can think of at this moment in time.
The Random Facts:
1. At several points in my life I genuinely believed - in all seriousness - I would become Batman.
2. Goalkeeper for a 6-a-side football team called The Tony Danza Football Extravaganza.
3. Have a degree in Archaeology. I did consider it a possible career route for about five minutes, but was disappointed to discover it wasn't all shooting Nazis and finding lost treasure in the middle of the Amazon.
4. When I was 14, my mates and I had a backyard wrestling federation. My persona was The Giant. I was also a mean...sometimes articulately awkward commentator. There's video footage out there I pray will never see the light of day.
5. I was the singer of two bands. One was a nu-metal act called Asylum. We use to enter the stage wearing white make-up and fake blood. Then we recruited two new members, changed our sound to 'experimental noisecore' and called ourselves The Nexus - look the myspace page still exists! Some of the best days of my life were with the wonderful people in that band.
6. Think I tried to write about three or four books before I embarked on writing The Unseen Chronicles of Amelia Black. Amelia Black was actually suppose to be a simple picture book about a girl and a monster in a far away land, then I thought about it too much and what you see today was the result.
7. I'm into all the animated works of Walt Disney way more than any grown man should ever admit.
8. Grew up on a street Van Morrison wrote a song about...
9. Infrequently partake in a film podcast called Panic Shots, talking nonsense next to two much more educated and interesting souls, Laura Shearer and Ross Thompson. It's on iTunes and everything.
10. There are only nine interesting facts about me.
I've no idea...I'm linking it back to Sloan!